Latest Laurent Manrique Stories
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 26 /PRNewswire/ -- With its fifth edition out today, the MICHELIN Guide San Francisco, Bay Area & Wine Country 2011 shines the spotlight on one of the world's most diverse culinary regions. The MICHELIN Guide San Francisco, Bay Area & Wine Country 2011 goes on sale Wed., Oct. 27, at $18.99. (Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20101026/CL88562 ) (Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20101026/CL88562 ) As the name indicates, the MICHELIN Guide San...
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Having tried the cuisine in New York City and deciding American restaurants can merit its top ratings, Michelin said on Wednesday it was expanding its guidebook series to San Francisco's legendary restaurants. Michelin introduced its first American guide -- New York City -- in November, giving four restaurants out of 507 reviews its coveted and rare three-star ratings. The San Francisco area has some of America's best-known restaurants including Chez Panisse...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.