Latest Lavatera Stories
If we get an autumn drought, water trees and shrubs, which are producing next year's buds. Autumn leaves composted separately to kitchen waste produce valuable mulch. If your soil needs improving buy a bale of hay and dig it in. Plant out spring-bedding perennials such as wallflowers and forget-me-nots by the month's end on heavy soil. Lift and store chrysanthemums, also dahlias, above, after cutting back to 4in. Lift, split and replant clumps of perennials which have become...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.