Latest Lebedev Physical Institute Stories
Vitaly Ginzburg, one of the creators of the Soviet hydrogen bomb and later a Nobel Prize-winning Russian physicist, died in Moscow on Sunday at the age of 93, The Associated Press reported. The Russian Academy of Sciences said on Monday that Ginzburg died late Sunday of cardiac arrest. Ginsburg and two other scientists won the 2003 Nobel Prize in physics for their contribution to theories on superconductivity. He was born in Moscow on October 4, 1916 to a doctor mother who died of typhoid in...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.