Latest Lemon basil Stories
By Christine Arpe Gang This is a time of year herb gardeners savor. The tasty and aromatic plants they love to grow and use are now at their peak. Some of them, such as rosemary, thyme and parsley, remain evergreen and usable throughout the winter. But others, such as basil, an annual, need to be preserved before they wither or before the first frost. Because it tends to lose flavor when dried, my favorite way of preserving the fresh taste of basil is to freeze it in ice cube trays....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.