Latest Leukodystrophy Stories
[ Watch the Video: Gene Therapy Used By San Raffaele Telethon Institute For Gene Therapy ] redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online The virus that causes AIDS has been used to cure a pair of different genetic diseases, according to research published Thursday in the journal Science. In the studies, Luigi Naldini, director of the San Raffaele Telethon Institute for Gene Therapy (TIGET) in Italy, and his colleagues report they successfully used HIV to cure metachromatic...
Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is pleased to announce the acquisition of Chenofalk(R) (chenodeoxycholic acid) from the Germany-based, Dr. Falk Pharma GmbH. Chenofalk(R) is approved in Germany for the dissolution of gallstones, and Sigma-Tau's German affiliate, Sigma-Tau Arzneimittel GmbH, will immediately assume distribution of this important medicine, ensuring there is no interruption in availability to patients. The acquisition of Chenofalk(R) is important not only to ensure continued...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.