Latest Leyla Schimmel Stories
Neighbors of a family in Andover, Mass., say they should not be forced to hear the family's two donkeys bray for food from their backyard home. Trained biologist Leyla Schimmel said the two donkeys her family houses behind their neo-Colonial house would only bray on the rare occasion her 12-year-old daughter is late in getting the animals their food, The Boston Globe said Sunday. Schimmel said her neighbors should not have been able to complain about any odors caused by her family's two...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.