Latest Liberty Bowl Stories
Kent Ventrell Jenkins returned a late fumble 56 yards for the winning touchdown Friday when Kentucky beat East Carolina 25-19 at the Liberty Bowl. The touchdown by the 285-pound Jenkins capped a nine-point fourth quarter, which started with Kentucky facing a 19-16 deficit after ECU's Ben Hartman booted a 43-yard field goal with 6 seconds left in the third. The deficit was 16-3 at halftime. Jenkins scored after scooping up a fumble by ECU's Norman Whitley with just 3:02 left. Mike Hartline...
Mississippi State football Coach Sylvester Croom resigned Saturday, one day after the Bulldogs ended their season with a 45-0 loss to Ole Miss. Croom directed the Bulldogs to a 21-38 record, including 4-8 this season, in his five years at the helm. Five years ago, Mississippi State gave me the unprecedented opportunity to be a head football coach in the Southeastern Conference and to build a program based upon a strong foundation, Croom said. I believe the foundation has been set for those...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.