Latest Life Bone Marrow Foundation Stories
Charles R. Bronfman to Share Personal Remarks NEW YORK, April 21, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- An extraordinary event will take place on Thursday, May 12, 2011, at The Grand Hyatt New York. That evening, the Grand Ballroom will be filled with heroes who have saved the lives of complete strangers, and witnesses present to hear their stories. They are not the usual heroes - policemen, firemen, or doctors. They are everyday people who have selflessly given of themselves and donated bone...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Oct. 13 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- When the parents of eighteen-month old Ezra approached the Gift of Life Bone Marrow Foundation, they needed answers and direction. Most of all, they needed to hear what it would take to give their child a second chance at living a normal, healthy life. Having been diagnosed with a rare primary immune deficiency called Hyper IgM Syndrome, Ezra's immune system fails to produce antibodies due to a flawed X chromosome. Because boys carry...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.