Latest LiftPort Group Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports — Your Universe Online The founder of a company hoping to one day build a space elevator to the surface of the moon turned to the public for help funding his dream, with overwhelming success -- and he's not the only one. According to Forbes Staff Writer Alex Knapp, Michael Laine, founder of the LiftPort Group, launched an August 23, Kickstarter campaign to further their research. Their goal was to raise $8,000 so that they could launch a...
Michael Harper for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online The idea seems simple enough: to get to any place higher than where you currently stand just take the elevator. This concept, while remaining simplistic in nature, becomes rather complicated when this “higher place” is the moon. Space elevators have long been the dream for many star-gazing engineers, but so far their labors have been unfruitful. Now, one Seattle engineer believes he and his team have the right...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.