Latest Linet Masai Stories
Usain Bolt and Tyson Gay coasted into the 100-meter semifinals Saturday and Christian Cantwell won the first American gold at the World Track Championships. Linet Masai of Kenya also won a dramatic women's 10,000-meter and Russia's Valeriy Borchin added the 20-kilometer walk title to his Olympic gold medal from last year. Bolt became a track superstar in Beijing, winning the 100- and 200-meter dashes in world record time and then anchoring the Jamaican sprint relay team to another world...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.