Latest Llano Estacado Stories
DM Crumbliss for RedOrbit.com Groundwater is being used faster than it can be replenished in the High Plains states and in California´s Central Valley, according to a study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Most of the water brought up in wells is used for irrigation in these vital agricultural regions. A new study based at the University of Texas finds that rapid depletion of groundwater is a threat to the country´s food supply. Scanlon and her...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.