Latest Lockman Stories
Former Chicago Cubs manager Whitey Lockman has died from pulmonary illness at his home in Scottsdale, Ariz., Yahoo! Sports reported. He was 82. Lockman managed the Cubs from 1972-1974, after succeeding his former New York Giants manager, Leo Durocher. As a player, the line-drive hitter and speedy base runner had a .279 career batting average. He was an all-star in 1952, played on two World Series teams, and in 1958, was a member of the Giants when they moved from the Polo Grounds to San...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.