Latest London School of Hygiene and Tropical Health Stories
According to a new research review, consumers who often buy organic foods because they believe it improves their health could actually be wasting their money as there is no strong evidence showing that organically produced foods bring nutrition-related health benefits. Well-designed studies that conclude organic foods may have health benefits beyond their mainstream products are few and far between, according to the review, carried out by researchers with the London School of Hygiene and...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.