Latest Lough Neagh Stories
By EDDIE McILWAINE Were you ever a Teddy Boy at the Plaza Ballroom in Chichester Street, Belfast? You were? Then Andrea McCartney, who is shooting a documentary on vintage Ulster ballrooms of romance for Double Band Films, wants to talk to you. The Plaza, which closed down in the early 70s, used to have lunchtime dance sessions for office workers out for their tea and sandwiches, and the evening dances were something else. It was the kind of dance hall worried mums advised their daughters...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.