Latest Louis Ignarro Stories
U.S. and Italian researchers say hydrogen sulfide emitted by hot springs may act as a natural version of Viagra. The gas, which has a pungent odor often compared to the smell of rotten eggs, has been found to widen blood vessels and appears to be able to combat impotence, the Italian news service ANSA reported. The research was conducted under the guidance of researchers at Naples University and Nobel prize-winning pharmacologist Louis Ignarro of the University of California at Los Angeles....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.