Latest low-fat diets Stories
By Amy Norton NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Anyone who has ever renounced dessert and failed to be rewarded with low cholesterol levels may be able to blame it on genetics, a new study suggests. The study of 28 pairs of male twins -- one a lean athletic type, the other a bit rounder and sedentary -- found that brothers tended to show the same cholesterol response to high-fat and low-fat diets, even though their exercise habits were starkly different. Because identical twins share the same...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.