Latest low-fat diets Stories
By Amy Norton NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Anyone who has ever renounced dessert and failed to be rewarded with low cholesterol levels may be able to blame it on genetics, a new study suggests. The study of 28 pairs of male twins -- one a lean athletic type, the other a bit rounder and sedentary -- found that brothers tended to show the same cholesterol response to high-fat and low-fat diets, even though their exercise habits were starkly different. Because identical twins share the same...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.