Latest Lucin Cutoff Stories
By Lynn Arave Deseret News -- Pro: The famous Spiral Jetty, a man-made art formation in the north arm of the lake, remains readily visible. There are also fewer islands in the Great Salt Lake, as more are connected to the mainland. The islands are also larger and there is more exposed shore all along the lake. -- Pro: The shoreline companies that extract minerals from the lake will find them easier to take out on the one hand, since they are more concentrated. However, at the same time,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.