Latest Ludwig Borchardt Stories
Despite a request from Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities (SCA), officials at a German historical group are refusing to return a 3,400-year-old bust of Queen Nefertiti to her homeland. The bust was discovered on the banks of the Nile River in 1912 by a German archaeologist by the name of Ludwig Borchardt. It arrived in Germany the following year, and has remained in the European nation ever since, attracting more than a million visitors each year to the Neues Museum in Berlin. SCA head...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.