Latest Luis Cisneros-Zevallos Stories
Connie K. Ho for redOrbit.com Walking in the aisle of a produce section of a supermarket, you´ll be bombarded by a variety of fragrant smells and bright colors. With so many choices these days, it can be quite difficult to pick out the best healthy fruits and veggies. Luckily, a new study points to fruits that have beneficial qualities. Texas AgriLife Research recently discovered that peaches, plums, and nectarines have bioactive compounds that can possibly stave off obesity-related...
Breast cancer cells - even the most aggressive type - died after treatments with peach and plum extracts in lab tests at Texas AgriLife Research recently, and scientists say the results are deliciously promising. Not only did the cancerous cells keel over, but the normal cells were not harmed in the process. AgriLife Research scientists say two phenolic compounds are responsible for the cancer cell deaths in the study, which was published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry. The...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.