Latest lung fibrosis Stories
(Ivanhoe Newswire) "“ Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) affects about 100,000 people in the U.S. each year and is fatal within three years of diagnosis. An invasive cell that leads to lung fibrosis may be stopped by cutting off its supply of sugar, according to this study. IPF has only one therapy in the U. S.: lung transplantation. Duke researchers have found a possible new treatment by identifying a cell surface receptor on the invasive cells called myofibroblasts and an enzyme that...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.