Latest Luzon Fanged Frog Stories
A fatal fungus that has killed hundreds of different kinds of frogs in the US is now harming five different frog species in the Philippines, experts announced on Wednesday. A nationwide survey conducted by US and Filipino scientists discovered that the Philippines is the third country in Asia to be affected by the chytrid fungus. The fungus, which targets the skin of frogs and distresses the arrangement of tadpoles' body parts, is also in Japan and Indonesia. The Luzon striped frog, one of...
The Luzon Fanged Frog (Limnonectes macrocephalus) is a species of frog belonging to the Ranidae family. It is native to the Philippines. Its natural habitats include tropical or subtropical moist lowland forests, tropical or subtropical moist montane forests, rivers, intermittent rivers, freshwater marshes, intermittent freshwater marshes, arable land, coastal freshwater lagoons, pastureland, and plantations. It is becoming rare because of the threat of habitat loss. Image Caption:...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.