Latest Lydia Buki Stories
The Latino/a population in the United States is expected to triple by 2050, according to projections from the U.S. Census Bureau. And along with that growth, says University of Illinois professor Lydia Buki, will come a rise in the number of individuals from that population who are diagnosed with cancer. In particular, based on current statistics, Buki expects that diagnoses of breast and cervical cancers among Latinas will increase significantly."It's just going to explode," she said. "It's...
Breast, cervical and other cancers in U.S. Hispanic women will soar in the next 40 years, a health professor says, calling for improved cancer screenings. It's just going to explode, University of Illinois professor Lydia Buki said. It's really a train wreck waiting to happen, and we're not doing enough to anticipate women's needs. Even right now, we are not doing a good job of providing services for these women. Hispanic women must become more aware of the significance and value of cancer...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.