Latest Lynn Kimsey Stories
Brett Smith for RedOrbit.com Discovery of a new giant wasp species last year has led to the discovery of an even larger species than had been sitting in a collection for 80 years. Megalara garuda hails from the Indonesian island of Sulawesi, the same island where a team led by professor Lynn Kimsey (UC Davis) discovered the wasp´s slightly smaller relative Dalara garuda. Both species belong to the digger wasp family, a diverse group of wasps that sting and paralyze prey insects....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.