Latest Lynn Wright Stories
New research points a finger to left-handed people who are more likely to get anxious or feel shy or embarrassed about saying or acting on what they want. Researchers at Abertay University gave the study participants a behavioral test that gauges personal restraint and impulsiveness. Left-handers agreed more with statements such as "I worry about making mistakes." They also noted in the test that "criticism or scolding hurts me quite a bit." Dr Lynn Wright, who led the study in Dundee,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.