Latest Macoupin County, Illinois Stories
Police say burglars in two Illinois counties have added deer and elk antlers to the more common heist of computers, jewelry, televisions and stereos. In all, 89 racks of antlers have been stolen in residential break-ins since mid-November in Jersey and Macoupin counties just north of St. Louis. It appears that some individual or individuals like antlers, said Lt. Mike Kostich of the Macoupin County Sheriff's Department. Rare antlers sell for as much as $1,000 on eBay, while most racks appear...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.