Latest Magnetic structure Stories
Physicists from Juelich, Kiel and Hamburg identify an atomic-scale magnetic lattice of cycloidal vortices in a thin metal film Physicists at Forschungszentrum Jlich and the universities of Kiel and Hamburg are the first to discover a regular lattice of stable magnetic skyrmions "“ radial spiral structures made up of atomic-scale spins "“ on a surface instead of in bulk materials. Such tiny formations could one day form the basis of a new generation of smaller and more efficient...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.