Malaconotidae Reference Libraries
The Bokmakierie (Telophorus zeylonus), is a bushshrike and a passerine bird closely related to the true shrikes in the family Laniidae. This species is endemic to southern Africa, mainly in South Africa and Namibia, with an isolated population in the mountains of eastern Zimbabwe and western Mozambique. It is a species of open habitats, including karoo scrub, fynbos and parks and gardens in...
The Brubru (Nilau afers), is a member of the bushshrike family found in much of sub-Saharan Africa apart from the western rainforests and southern South Africa. It is the only member of the genus Nilaus. Its habitat is dry open woodland, but varies geographically. There are six northern subspecies of Brubru. One subspecies is found in acacia and broadleaved woodland of South Africa. Three...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.