Latest Mangrove snapper Stories
MIAMI _ For inexpensive, late-night entertainment, it is hard to beat party boat fishing on the Sea King in Islamorada. You can escape the daytime heat, catch dinner (or maybe even several dinners) and maybe make some new friends. The mangrove snapper are spawning, with prime-time expected from now through mid-August. Tasty, grayish-brown fish with sharp bicuspids weighing up to 10 pounds are showing up on patch reefs and rocky ledges throughout South Florida, primarily in depths of 40 to...
Arlington, Virginia "“ A popular game fish mistaken by scientists for a dog snapper is actually a new species discovered among the reefs of the Abrolhos region of the South Atlantic Ocean. The international science journal Zootaxa recently published the discovery of Lutjanus alexandrei, a new snapper species that belongs to the Lutjanidae family, by researchers Rodrigo Moura of Conservation International (CI) and Kenyon Lindeman of Environmental Defense. The study published in Zootaxa...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.