Latest Manta Air Base Stories
QUITO, Ecuador (Reuters) - Ecuador is not likely to extend a deal that allows the United States to use an anti-narcotics air base on its territory due to a surge in sentiment against the American military presence, its deputy minister of foreign relations said on Wednesday. Deputy minister Diego Ribadeneira said in a television interview that the Andean country's major parties would probably block the ratification of a deal on U.S. use of the Manta military base beyond 2009. "I...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.