Latest Marco Confortola Stories
By Andrew Buncombe Asia Correspondent AN ITALIAN climber who fought the twin perils of exhaustion and freezing temperatures on the world's deadliest mountain was last night rescued as he struggled alone in darkness down the slopes of K2. While authorities said they believed 11 other climbers perished on the peak known as "Killer Mountain" over the weekend, they confirmed that a rescue team had found Marco Confortola late yesterday evening and were escorting him down the slopes. His hands...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.