Latest Marisela Trevino Orta Stories
By Lisa Bornstein It's a reality of the world that girls go missing. In that regard, Ciudad Juarez is more real than most places. The Mexican border town facing El Paso became the home to maquiladoras, or factories, of U.S. companies after NAFTA opened the door. Young women flooded from the countryside to work in them. And in the past 15 years, more than 400 have been murdered, according to estimates. The murders go unsolved. Sometimes the bodies are found; often the women are never...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.