Latest Mark A. Nordenberg Stories
New initiatives funded through Office of the Provost, Swanson School of Engineering, and philanthropic gifts from alumni John C. Mascaro and John A. Swanson PITTSBURGH, April 17, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --To mark the tenth anniversary of the University of Pittsburgh's Mascaro Center for Sustainable Innovation (MCSI) and to build upon the ongoing philanthropy of two of Pitt's most generous donors, Pitt officials announced a new $37.5 million funding initiative comprising various...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.