Latest Mark Ablowitz Stories
Lawrence LeBlond for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Ocean waves are a source of calming for meditation, and a source of enjoyment for thrill-seeking surfers. These waves are also a source of wonder for researchers trying to explain the power of the tsunami. Two applied mathematicians from University of Colorado Boulder have taken a closer look at these waves, discovering X- and Y-shaped ocean waves that could help explain why some tsunamis become as powerful as they do....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.