Latest Martin Jeffries Stories
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online The 2012 Arctic Report Card was released on Thursday, showing a record low snow coverage and record low sea ice extent. The report card calls on the expertise of 140 scientists from 15 countries to summarize the state of the Arctic. Martin Jeffries of the Office of Naval Research warns that "if we are not already there, we're clearly on the verge of seeing a new Arctic." The report shows a longer growing season with greener...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.