Latest Mary Elenitsas Stories
By Leann Junker, Tribune-Review, Greensburg, Pa. Jul. 13--Good food, lively dancing and 30 years of memories will be celebrated during the annual Greek Food Festival. Festival hours are 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. July 20 at St. Spyridon Church, located off Reeves Avenue in Monessen. Mary Elenitsas, publicity chairman, promises all the food is homemade. "It's all prepared here," she said, sitting in the spacious banquet facility. She emphasized...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.