Latest Mas Takashima Stories
People who suffer from chronic sinus infections know the warning signs when one might be coming on. Doctors at Baylor College of Medicine say that is a good time to try preventative measures, such as nasal irrigation, to lessen the symptoms or prevent the infection from worsening. Nasal irrigation is the cleansing of the nasal cavity with sterile salt water to flush out excess mucus or debris from the sinuses and nose, such as with the use of a neti pot. Maintain moisture "People are...
That troublesome headache might not be a migraine or brought on by tension. It could be caused by sinus trouble, said doctors at Baylor College of Medicine. "Our sinuses are air-filled spaces in our skull located behind our cheeks, forehead, eyes and the bridge of our nose," said Dr. Mas Takashima, assistant professor of otolaryngology at BCM and director of the Baylor Sinus Center. "The sinuses work to humidify and cleanse the air, lighten the weight of the skull, and provide resonance to...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.