Latest Mass spectrometry Stories
A method to speed up gunshot residue detection and another capable of identifying antipsychotics in the brain are the latest pieces of work of the Metabolomips group of the University of the Basque Country The University of the Basque Country's (UPV/EHU) METABOLOMIPs group develops analytical methods to help characterize different types of substances, and focuses on the forensic sciences, in particular. For example, they have just developed a methodology for detecting gunshot residues...
A team of physicists in Barcelona, Spain have for the first time fabricated and tested the world´s most sensitive Nanomechanical sensor, capable of detecting changes in mass of 1.7 yoctograms -- roughly the mass of a single proton. Team leader Professor Adrian Bachtold, of Catalan Institute of Technology´s Quantum NanoElectronics Group, and colleagues used the sensor, which is similar to a guitar string vibrating at very high frequencies (2 GHz), to compare the resonating...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.