Latest Matt Ember Stories
By SANDY COHEN, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS The shoe phone on TV's "Get Smart" wasn't just a sneaky spy gadget; it was a technological marvel: a wireless, portable telephone that could be used anywhere though it did require a dime to make a call. Today, almost everyone has a pocket-size version that also takes photos, shoots video, sends e-mail, and surfs the Internet. About the only thing it doesn't do is protect your feet. "Get Smart" comes to the big screen thisweek, along with a spate of...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.