Latest Matthew Sciarrino Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online Much to the chagrin of online privacy advocates, Twitter has surrendered messages written by an Occupy Wall Street protester to a New York criminal court judge. More than three months´ worth of messages had been sought by the Manhattan district attorney's office in the trial of 23-year-old Malcolm Harris, one of approximately 700 protestors arrested during a mass protest that took place on the Brooklyn Bridge last October. He...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.