Mau Reference Libraries
The Arabian Mau is a breed of domestic cat that originated from the Arabian Peninsula. This breed was developed by Petra Mueller, who sought to bring together the best traits of the desert cat, which is known as a landrace. The breed is known as a natural breed because of this ancestry, but is only accepted by the Germany based World Cat Federation (WCF). It first received its recognition as a...
The Egyptian Mau is the only naturally spotted breed of domesticated cat; its spots are not only on the coat, but on the skin of the cat as well. The Mau is similar to the Ocicat and the Bengal, but the Ocicat's spots were bred-in, and the Bengal is much larger than the Egyptian Mau. The Mau is a medium sized shorthair breed. Its body is compact much like the Burmese and slim like a Siamese....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.