Latest Megantereon Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online The discovery of five-million-year-old fossils has resulted in the discovery of a new genus and species of extinct saber-toothed cat, according to research published in Wednesday´s edition of the peer-reviewed, open-access journal PLOS One. The fossils are part of the same lineage as the Smilodon fatalis, a carnivorous apex predator that could have weighed as much as 600 pounds and had long upper canine teeth, according to...
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Your mother probably told you that it´s considered good manners to share your food, but according to new research; for large predators living 9 million years ago, sharing a food supply was a daily way of life. To better understand how these ancient predators divided up the available prey, a team of researchers led by US researchers and the Museo Nacional de Ciencias Naturales in Madrid used radioactive dating technology and a...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.