Latest Mel Broughton Stories
LONDON (Reuters) - Hundreds of rival protesters marched through Oxford on Saturday to demonstrate for and against the building of a controversial animal research center at the city's university. Animal rights protesters and backers of the controversial 20 million pound ($34.97 million) laboratory, including students and leading academics, took to the streets to air their views over what has become a highly-charged issue. Work on the center was suspended in July 2004 for 16 months...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.