Latest Meloidogyne mayaguensis Stories
U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) scientists trying to help Florida growers find a replacement for methyl bromide are studying an alternative soil treatment that uses molasses as one of its ingredients. Researchers with USDA's Agricultural Research Service (ARS) are examining whether a cropping system that uses molasses to stimulate microbial activity could be used to replace the popular fumigant. They also are studying recently developed fumigants. The work, presented at the recent...
St. Paul, Minn. (June 13, 2005) - Alternatives to a powerful pesticide that was found be an ozone depletor are now being evaluated in agricultural production areas of Florida, say plant pathologists with USDA's Agricultural Research Service. In 1987, the Parties to the Montreal Protocol called for the phase-out of methyl bromide, a soil fumigant used to control soilborne fungi, nematodes, and weeds of more than 100 crops worldwide. The phase out was based on methyl bromide's ability to...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.