Quantcast
Last updated on April 17, 2014 at 21:23 EDT

Latest Memphis Light, Gas and Water Stories

2013-10-11 08:21:20

EnergyAxis with the Callisto UX to enhance reliability, customer service and operational efficiency RALEIGH, N.C. and MEMPHIS, Tenn., Oct. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Elster Solutions today announced that Memphis Light, Gas and Water (MLGW) has selected the EnergyAxis Advanced Metering Infrastructure and EIServer Meter Data Management systems from Elster Solutions for the first phase of their smart meter deployment. The first phase encompasses approximately 60,000 electric, gas and water...

2011-12-06 06:30:00

SAN DIEGO, Dec. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- BP Logix, a developer of BPM software that accelerates time-to-value, today announced that it has been selected by Memphis Light, Gas and Water (MLGW), the nation's largest three-service municipal utility, to automate the utility's key documents. Pivotal to this mandate was the requirement to provide an electronic forms routing solution that was browser-based, supported both internal and external users, could scale to handle thousands of...

2010-12-29 13:18:00

KNOXVILLE, Tenn., Dec. 29, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Tennessee Valley Authority's technical services, financial assistance and other incentives helped companies invest $4.3 billion in economic development projects and attract or retain 41,000 jobs across the region in fiscal year 2010. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100304/TVALOGO) John Bradley, TVA senior vice president of Economic Development, said TVA economic development support has contributed to 264,500 new...

2010-06-08 15:02:00

NASHVILLE, Tenn., June 8 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Tennessee Valley Authority is teaming with regional power distributors in an initiative announced Tuesday to help homeowners and businesses recover from recent floods and other natural disasters across parts of the TVA service area. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100304/TVALOGO) "TVA's Energy Efficiency Disaster Assistance Initiative will give residents and businesses in federal disaster areas easier access to energy...

2009-07-29 13:15:00

BOULDER, Colo., July 29 /PRNewswire/ -- This year, the top-rated U.S. electric and gas interactive voice response systems (IVRs) belong to Florida Power & Light Co., Portland General Electric, Allegheny Power, NW Natural, Baltimore Gas and Electric Co. (BGE), and South Carolina Electric and Gas, according to the latest E SOURCE benchmark results for the performance of North American electric and gas company IVRs. Manitoba Hydro earned the top ranking for Canadian utility IVRs. BGE has...

2008-08-21 21:00:31

By Tom Charlier The TVA's adoption of its largest rate increase in nearly 35 years will boost electric bills for Memphis-area utility customers an average of $18 a month - adding to the miseries expected from higher natural gas heating costs this winter. The Tennessee Valley Authority board approved a budget Wednesday that included a 17 percent fuel-cost adjustment increase and a 3 percent base-rate hike. The combined 20 percent increase takes effect Oct. 1, although the fuel-cost...

2008-08-21 15:01:00

The Tennessee Valley Authority adopted a 20-percent increase in electric rates for customers spanning a seven-state area, the agency said. The new rate included a 3-percent base rate hike and a 17-percent fuel-cost adjustment, The Commercial Appeal, a Memphis newspaper, reported. The primary reason for the fuel adjustment was the price of coal, which has doubled since the first of the year, TVA said. In the Memphis area, the average monthly bill will jump $18, the newspaper reported....

2008-06-17 09:01:03

EnerNOC, Inc. (NASDAQ: ENOC), a leading developer and provider of clean and intelligent energy solutions, today announced that it has signed a contract with the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) to provide a minimum of 110 megawatts (MW) of demand response capacity. The program will initially target commercial and industrial customers of four power distributors within the seven-state TVA service area: Memphis Light, Gas and Water; Nashville Electric Service; Knoxville Utilities Board; and...