Latest Mental Health Foundation Stories
According to a report published by the Mental Health Foundation, researchers say that lack of sleep needs to be treated as a major health issue, suggesting that there is a link between insomnia and poor relationships, low energy levels and inability to concentrate. Poor sleep has already been linked to depression, immune deficiency and heart disease. The report, titled "ËSleep Matters', calls for general practitioners to have more training to recognize and diagnose the symptoms....
By Joe Sinclair Girls as young as 10 are suffering stress, anxiety and unhappiness as they struggle to cope with the pressures of growing up, according to research published today. Dr Andrew McCulloch, chief executive of the Mental Health Foundation, said: "Girls and young women are being forced to grow up at an unnatural pace in a society that we, as adults, have created and it's damaging their emotional well-being. We have a responsibility to put this right - we must tackle head-on the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.