Latest Mentorship Stories
ASHBURN, Va., Aug. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Purse Strings Network launched its brand-new, national innovative and interactive website [www.pursestringsnetwork.org]. This new national network of only women consultants and small business owners creates an intimate setting to proactively help one another achieve success in business and personal growth. Women will learn and share with one another in this ground-breaking online network. Membership consists exclusively of women-owned...
PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America's board of directors has named Emily Chen Carrera as its newest member. She will hold a three-year term. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110613/PH17540LOGO) Chen Carrera's involvement with Big Brothers Big Sisters began in 1992 when she became a volunteer mentor ("Big Sister") to a New York "Little" named Dennys. She also served more than 10 years as a member of one of the nationwide mentoring...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.