Latest Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, Inc. v. Dabit Stories
By Kevin Drawbaugh WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday ruled unanimously in favor of investment bank Merrill Lynch in a decision limiting shareholders' ability to bring certain class action cases in state courts. The court found that a 1998 law prevents certain kinds of shareholder lawsuits from being brought at the state level, rather than the federal level. "The magnitude of the federal interest in protecting the integrity and efficient operation of the market...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.