Mesoscale meteorology Reference Libraries
There are many types of air present in our atmosphere. The first type is known as dry air. Dry air is described as having less than 1% of moisture in it. The best location to find this type of air is in the Southwest part of the United States and also in the Middle East. The second type of air is called moist air. This air is best defined as having moisture present in it. Anything greater...
So what makes a super cell thunderstorm so special? It is the way that they are made and what it takes for them occur. It takes three types of air coming together to form these monster cells. The first is the warm moist air rising in from the Gulf of Mexico. Second is the drier air moving in from the desert southwest and the third is the cold air coming in from the Rockies. When all three of...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.