Latest Meteor procession Stories
Lawrence LeBlond for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online As the anniversary of a spectacular meteor procession that lit up the night skies nearly a hundred years ago approaches, astronomers from Texas State University and the Astronomical Association of Queensland (AAQ) have taken the call to answer some long forgotten questions about the range of the great fireball raid of Feb. 9, 1913. On that night, oh so long ago, one of the most dazzling displays ever recorded lit up night skies...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.