Latest Meteorological Office Stories
According to a study published Monday, the slightly weaker activity of the sun expected in the coming 90 years will not be enough to significantly curb rising global temperatures. The research collaboration between the UK´s Meteorological Office and the University of Reading predicts that the energy output of the sun would decrease marginally throughout the 21 century. Unfortunately, they say, the modest 0.14 degrees Fahrenheit fall in global temperatures that this solar weakening is...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.